How do I get involved?
Bridlemile's success has been built on the efforts of our amazing teaching staff and community. The more everyone is involved the more we can continue to deliver treasured learning experiences for our children. Here are the steps to get involved:
Do I need a background check?
New Volunteers: If you’re even the slightest bit interested in volunteering, please go to this link to start the background check process: http://www.pps.net/Page/149. It can take a few weeks for the background check to be completed, so start the process early! You’ll want this taken care of when that perfect opportunity to volunteer presents itself.
Note that the security office will notify you, not the school, when your background check is complete. Please stop by the office the first time you come in to volunteer and let them know you need a volunteer badge.
Seasoned Volunteers: Remember that background checks are only good for three years. Please verify whether you need to renew this year or not as soon as you can.
How do I get started?
Attend the New Volunteer, Committee Chair and Room Parent Orientation on Thursday, September 7th at 8:05 am in the cafeteria.
See the current opportunities listed below and reach out to Jada Livingston (email@example.com) if you’re interested.
Sign up to volunteer through links provided by Room Parents and Event Leads as the year gets going.
What are the volunteer activities available?
There are a number of activities for you to get involved and make a difference for our Bridlemile community. Please see below some of the urgent needs we have across some of our most important fundraisers:
- Charleston Wrap Fundraiser – Position: Shadow – We are looking for a volunteer to shadow the Charleston Wrap Chair. You will support the Chair and learn the process this year. Next year you will become the Charleston Wrap Chair! This event is right around the corner, so please reach out to me ASAP if you’re interested.
- Freaky Friday – Position: Day-of-Event Lead – You will shadow the Chair this year leading up to the event. Then you will take over and lead the event on the day of the Freaky Friday Carnival.
- Bridlemile Auction - Position: Procurement Chair - We are looking for 1 or 2 volunteers to Chair or Co-Chair this team. You will have a team to support you in procuring items for guests to bid on both in the Live and Silent Auctions. The event will be held Saturday March 17th at the Portland Hilton Downtown.
- Field Day – Position: Chair – You will work with the school's P.E. instructor to support the planning for Field Day and assist in recruiting volunteers.
- Earthquake Preparedness - Position: Chair - You will support the school's efforts to be prepared for an earthquake or other emergency, including leading the project of gathering individual emergency kits for each child to house on school grounds.
Who chairs the various committees?
All the activities that happen are chaired by specific person in charge on making the activity a success. Here is the list (feel free to get in touch):
5th grade transition- Leslie Warren / Heidi Barker
Apparel - Kristin Peschka
Beagle Bands - Marisa Bursett
Box Tops - Jenn Blair
Bike Walk Fest - Ted Savage
Charleston Wrap - Christie Doerr
Chinnook Book - Heather Keeling
Concessions - Katie McGuire
Community Outreach - Trista Rodgers / Sarah Boyle
Earthquake preparedness - TBD
Field Day - TBD
Food Pantry - Robyn Hartmeyer / MonaRogers
Freaky Friday - Lead: TBD / Prizes: Michelle Jackson / Food Deedra Weill
Kindergarten - Mona Rogers/Sarah Dorst
Library Chairs - Alicia Skousen / Kelly Gillespie
Lost and Found - Courtney Dolin/Kim Mathews
Mazama Lodge - Christie Doerr
Middle School Advocate - Janine Partovi
Music Program Coordination - Trista Rodgers/AmandaVowels
Missoula Children’s Theatre - Monika Johnson
OBOB - Cody Elliott/Kelly Gillespie
Passport Club - Riikka Marr
Restaurants - John Pettit
Run for the Arts - Mona Rogers
Scholastic Book Fair - Ann Shih
School Directory - Sara Eckhartd
School Suppy Distribution - Leslie Warren / Janine Partovi
School Pictures - Leslie Warren
Science Night - Jen Whitten
Sees Candie - Heather Keeling
Used Book Sale - Kelly Gillespie
Valley Theatre Fundraiser - TBD